Sunday, August 31, 2008

LA RENTREE




The French have returned to Paris en masse.
The pale, comatose tourists drinking liter mugs of beer on café terraces have been replaced by Côte d'Azur tans and enthusiastic chatter.  It has always been an exceptional moment in this grey city of light.

While cooped up in a hospital for ten days this month, I heard this question asked on a noon-time quiz show.
 "Combien des Francais"  are on vacation this August?"
The reported response was fifty million. 
I took my own trips with my sable
brushes,  Windsor Newton water colors, and Arches cold press  300 gram papier




3 comments:

  1. Love these watercolors as well...especially the fish. Hope you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolors you do. I also use very bright colors in my work too. I envy you living in Paris. -Roy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about your blog and I really love your aquarelles! I'll certainly come back for more...

    Please visit my blog at http://ladamedragon.com an award is awaiting for you!...

    Thanks again for embellishing the web with your paintings... Lyne

    ReplyDelete

Ruby

Ruby
Ruby chez la princess from paintingparis.blogspot.com