Sunday, June 22, 2008

LE CAFE DEUX MOULINS, STORIES AND STRAWBERRIES


This morning,  I finished my painting of the
Café 2 Moulin, on le rue Lepic . I was surprised how the neighborhood people appreciated watching me paint it. I heard many stories, some  very tender, but I will keep them for a rainy day because I'm off to paint again. The sun is shining. 
I did get some advice from a man, with an air of authority, about how it should have been done. His wife, he told me, was an artist. I asked him if he gave his wife advice when she was in the middle of a work.
"I'm not giving you advice," he insisted,"just my opinion."
Then, while still painting, I asked the same question using the word "opinion."
He said, "You're the artist." and left me alone.
I guess he had learned to do that from his wife.
A worker at the green grocer behind me had been very nasty with me the day  before.
I couldn't understand why until I watched him artfully arrange his  strawberries this morning.
So much work and people were paying more attention to the painter and her palette.
Life is just not fair some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby

Ruby
Ruby chez la princess from paintingparis.blogspot.com